I had a sudden insight recently. I was watching “Criminal Minds” and they were talking about the two perpetrators sharing a common history that started in 2004 and had these huge events every four years (the show was from 2012).
I realized that I had a four-year cycle of my own. And somehow never noticed it.
- 1996 Got my first Bachelor’s degree
- 2000 Emotionally understood for the first time that Barry’s Huntington’s Disease was going to force me to support myself. So I started working.
- 2004 Went back to school to get real marketable skills.
- 2008 Got BBA, Barry retired, and then he got stage-four cancer one week after retiring.
- 2012 Finished MBA
- 2016 Huge impending move out of MI
The question is how I never noticed this pattern. I read New-Agey books that talk about a natural seven-year cycle. Apparently, that doesn’t apply to me.
I am about to be 49. I could easily live to 73 (24 years). That would give me six more cycles! I cannot even imagine the implications. Holy crap. Transformation can certainly come unexpectedly.